Police investigate Christmas Day fire which forced Bainsford residents to flee their homes

A fire which broke out in a bin storage area on Christmas morning led to a number of residents being evacuated from their homes as precaution in case the blaze spread to a nearby gas supply in the street.

By James Trimble
Sunday, 26th December 2021, 12:54 pm

Emergency services arrived at the scene in Haugh Street, Bainsford, just after 8am on Saturday morning.

Two Scottish Fire and Rescue Service appliances were in attendance at the incident and Police Scotland officers were there to offer assistance.

Read More

Read More
Police need help to trace Range Rover stolen in Forth Valley area

Sign up to our daily The Falkirk Herald Today newsletter

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service appliances attended at the scene in Haugh Street, Bainsford

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service stated it was working with Scottish Gas Networks to make the area safe and confirmed residents from nearby properties had been evacuated.

A Police spokesperson said the cause of the fire currently “unexplained” and enquiries are ongoing.

Thank you for reading this article on our free-to-read website. We're more reliant on your support than ever as the shift in consumer habits brought about by Coronavirus impacts our advertisers.

Please consider purchasing a subscription to our print newspaper to help fund our trusted, fact-checked journalism.