Making the announcement on The Bunker’s Facebook page, Andrew stated: “I’m sure a lot of people have been eager to know the future of The Bunker and I think I speak for both Dan and I, that we are happy to let everyone know that from Monday, May 17 I will be running The Bunker going forward.
“I think I can speak for everyone in thanking Dan for giving his time and care to all the bands and artists who have used The Bunker over the years and we wish him all the best.
“I don't have the words to express how excited I am to be taking this on and I am looking forward to meeting everybody in the coming weeks and months.”
Andrew added The Bunker will be open and taking bookings from Monday for three hour sessions from 6pm to 9pm and 6.30pm to 9.30pm Monday to Friday and noon to 3pm and 12.30pm to 3.30pm on Saturdays.
Earlier this year Dan McGibbon told The Falkirk Herald he had sadly been forced to walk away from The Bunker in Bonnybridge after Falkirk Council failed to support him during the COVID-19 pandemic
Dan (29) admitted he was “disgusted” by the local authority’s lack of support for The Bunker.
Due to the nature of his business, Dan, who had been running The Bunker for the last decade, did not qualify for the Scottish Government’s Strategic Framework Business Fund despite basically being the same sort of business as places that do fall within the qualification criteria such as yoga studios or gyms – places where people go to learn or practice something, just like The Bunker.
"I’ve not been forced to close as such,” said Bonnybridge man Dan. “But the circumstances – with people being unable to meet up with those from more than one different household – mean I can’t run my business.”