Falkirk were paired away to Ireland’s Sligo Rovers in what turned out to be the tie of the second round for the Irn Bru Cup in the draw at the Falkirk Wheel.
It was the first tie drawn by former Celtic and Republic of Ireland keeper Pat Bonner and comedian and actor Sanjeev Kohli of Still Game fame at the famous Falkirk landmark this afternoon.
The 24 first round winners were joined by Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Falkirk at this stage, along with Linfield and Crusaders from Northern Ireland; Welsh clubs The New Saints and Connah’s Quay Nomads; and Sligo Wanderers and Bray Wanderers from the Republic of Ireland.
The draw was unseeded but the six non-Scottish clubs were kept apart – one team from each country was drawn at home and one away.
Here is the full second round draw:
1. Sligo Rovers (Ireland) v Falkirk
2. Elgin v Bray Wanderers (Ireland)
3. Crusaders (Northern Ireland) v Motherwell Colts
4. Albion Rovers or Spartans v Linfield (Northern Ireland)
5. New Saints (Wales) v Livingston
6. Dumbarton v Connah’s Quay Nomads (Wales)
7. Peterhead v Annan Athletic
8. Dundee United (holders) v Alloa Athletic
9. Berwick Rangers v Queen of the South
10. St Mirren v Hearts Colts
11. Hamilton Academical Colts v Cove Rangers
12. Aberdeen Colts v Inverness Caledonian Thistle
13. Ayr United v Montrose
14. Stranraer v Partick Thistle Colts
15. Buckie Thistle v Dunfermline
16. Raith Rovers v Ross County Colts
Ties will be pleayed on Saturday or Sunday, September 2-3.