Point at Partick brings further Falkirk injuries to Millar and Scobbie

Partick Thistle v Falkirk'Kyle Hutton (thistle).'Photo emma Mitchell'22/10/11
Partick Thistle v Falkirk'Kyle Hutton (thistle).'Photo emma Mitchell'22/10/11

FALKIRK dropped two points as Michael McGovern dropped a cross in another late late show involving Falkirk.

Kallum Higginbotham thought he’d sealed three points with a free kick five minutes from time but after McGovern spilled a cross, Chris Erskine rifled in the equaliser in the second minute of injury time.

But the point came at a cost as both Tam Scobbie and Mark Millar were injured during the draw.

Almost immediately Falkirk’s rhythm was interrupted as Mark Millar was withdrawn in a similar incident that ruled Craig Sibbald out for eight weeks.

The enforced switch would pay dividends later as Alston laid on the opener for Farid El Alagui on 35 minutes.

Kris Doolan hit the post for Jackie McNamara’s side, who were tying together some exquisite passing moves in attack but failing to find the target.

Kieran Duffie zipped a long range shot just over the top corner before Falkirk took the lead through their talismanic Moroccan.

A powerful clearing header by Dods ten yards inside his own half was chased down by Blair Alston. The sub took the ball wide, to the by-line and floated a cross to the backpost where Farid El Alagui had ghosted towards and he nodded the ball in, unchallenged.

After the break Falkirk rattled the bar through Stewart Murdoch and Thistle immediately retaliated, Aaron Sinclair flashing the ball across the box and off the inside of the post, the ball fell to David Rowson on the edge of the box and he thundered the rebound into the net.

Scott Fox had to tip a shot over from Kieran Duffie and then with fibe minutes to go, he picked the ball out the net with a stunning free-kick from Kallum Higginbotham.

Ryan Millar was fouled by Conrad Balatoni and Higginbotham took over set-piece duties in absence of Mark Millar and whipped it beyond Fox.

It looked all over, but 75 seconds into injury-time, Michael McGovern uncharacteristically spilled a cross and Chris Erskine acrobatically fired into the top corner to snatch a draw.