Falkirk have offered five new deals to players ahead of Saturday’s make or break Championship crunch match with Alloa.
Rory Loy, David McCracken, Michael McGovern, Conor McGrandles and Craig Sibbald have all been offered new terms despite four of the five still having time to run on their contracts.
Terms are also on the table, as they have been since January, for Blair Alston and Kieran Duffie to renew.
On Saturday Duffie told The Falkirk Herald: “That’ll be sorted out in the next few weeks between the club, my agent and myself. It’s off the park though so I’m focusing purely on the games.”
Alston has been offered an additional two-years and, like McCracken and Sibbald, is expected to extend within the next week. He added: “It’s brilliant to have been offered a contract, it’s a great achievement to get that on the back of passing through the 100 game barrier.
“I’ve played a lot of games here, I’m happy here and if it’s all right for me I’d have no hesitation in signing.”
But the five additional deals will protect the Bairns interests ahead of the summer transfer window with Loy, Vaulks and McGrandles expected to attract more interest as has been rumoured since January.
For the likes of Sibbald and McGrandles, it is also further evidence of their worth to the team and be a reward for performances this season.
Gary Holt told The Falkirk Herald: “It’s important to me to have this nucleus of strength at the club with players who want to be here.
“They have all been excellent this season, but we have staggered the renewals, and though I might like to offer more, I only have so much of a budget.
“That’s not to say others won’t be offered or others won’t come in - I am looking - but it would provide stability over the summer for us.”
Holt has already tied down three youth players to contracts after door-stepping them late last week.
The manager and Creag Robertson dropped in for surprise visits on Forth Valley Academy players Cameron Blues, Cameron Eadie and Kevin O’Hara.
The boss added: “They are part of a very young under-17 squad but though we could have hung on another year, we thought it was important for their development to get them signed up now and show that the pathway is there.”