Camelon Juniors have been inundated with help following the devastating fire which wiped out the club’s equipment.
Five weeks ago a container at the club’s Carmuirs Park ground was set alight and the contents within it destroyed in the blaze.
Groundskeeping equipment for maintaining the pitch went up in smoke but within hours the local community had rallied round offering support to the stricken junior club.
A post on the club’s Facebook page saw replies and offers of help flood in to the Mariners’ inbox.
“It was very heartening,” said club secretary Robert McTaggart. “We had gone from the high of a 3-0 win in the afternoon to the low of the damage and effects of the fire.”
He added: “The storage facilities housed all our grass cutting and white lining equipment. All of the equipment was destroyed and will need to be replaced.
“But having read details on Facebook the owner of MES2000 Ltd got in contact with me and just two days after the fire he was at our ground with a squad of men to cut all our grassed areas within Carmuirs Park. The did a fantastic job and have agreed to sponsor the club by maintaining our grassed areas for the whole of the season.
“We are so grateful to them and their community spirit in being a local business helping a small local community club in its time of need, free of charge.”
East Stirlingshire chairman Tony Ford was also quickly in contact, offering a fundraising friendly match between the local rivals.
Two 17-year-olds were originally charged in connection with the fire, on Saturday, November 1, but the charges were dropped due to a lack of evidence.