You can get a discount on a new build home if you are an NHS or frontline worker
Much of day-to-day life has been disrupted in recent months - including the process selling, buying and moving house.
In an effort to say thank you to hardworking NHS staff and frontline workers, housebuilder Taylor Wimpey is offering a discount for home buyers.
This is everything you need to know about the discount scheme and how to figure out if you qualify for it.
What’s the scheme?
The Taylor Wimpey website explains, “As a thank you for the heroic efforts shown by the NHS, and the key work they and other care support workers have been doing, we’re offer you a special discount to the value of 5% of the purchase price of a new Taylor Wimpey home.”
The announcement also says that, to help workers get their home just the way they want it, “fitted carpets for your home’s living areas and fitted vinyl flooring for all kitchens, bathrooms, cloakrooms and en-suites” will be included.
Who is eligible for the discount?
The discount offer is available to:
- NHS staff
- Social workers
- Care workers
- Front link care home worker (and other frontline health and social care staff)
- Emergency services employees (including those working in 999 call centres for ambulance, police and fire services)
- Support and special staff required to maintain the UK’s health and social care sector
- Teachers working in nursery, primary and secondary education
- Childcare workers
- Armed forces personnel
How to sign up for the scheme
If you’re in the market for a new home, and this offer sounds tempting, you’ll need to head over to the Taylor Wimpey website.
Simply fill out the online form, which only requires your email address. More information will be sent to your inbox.
Terms and conditions
As with all kinds of schemes and offers, there are terms and conditions in place that you should be aware of, such as:
- This offer is valid on all UK developments and properties shown on the development pages on the Taylor Wimpey website
- Only available on a home that will be the applicant’s main residence and not for investment, buy-to-let or second homes
- Applicants will need to provide proof of eligibility as a ‘care worker’Only one Care Worker Discount Offer may be used in a purchase of a property and no other Taylor Wimpey offers may be used in conjunction
To see all of the terms and conditions attached to the scheme, visit the Taylor Wimpey website here.