WATCH: Van on fire near petrol station causes panic

An electrical fault in a van's engine caused it to explode into flames near a petrol station.

By The Newsroom
Tuesday, 21st June 2016, 5:46 pm
Updated Thursday, 25th August 2016, 4:32 pm
Picture: Bryan and Stacey Moffat
Picture: Bryan and Stacey Moffat

The incident happened on Friday afternoon in the car park at Garrison Place in Falkirk, which is just behind the Morrisons petrol forecourt.

Bryan and Stacey Moffat, who own the Picturesque, by Mr and Mrs M photography studio, captured the fire on video.

Bryan said: “We had just nipped out for a coffee when we saw the flames and smoke.

Sign up to our daily The Falkirk Herald Today newsletter

Picture: Bryan and Stacey Moffat

“It was quite scary because it was close to the petrol station.”

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said it received a call at 12.36pm and firefighters used two high pressure hoses to extinguish the blaze quickly. The incident was under control by 1.10pm.

A Police Scotland spokesperson said the fire was caused by an electrical fault in the engine.

Picture: Bryan and Stacey Moffat