Tributes paid to Whitecross dad

Robert 'Moog' Miller, pictured with his wife Heather, was well-known for his humour and giving nature.
Robert 'Moog' Miller, pictured with his wife Heather, was well-known for his humour and giving nature.

A doting dad was one of three sudden deaths to hit families in the Falkirk district this week.

Robert Miller (46) passed away in his home on Monday evening leaving his family and friends devastated.

The cause of death is still unclear, but the suddenness has shocked wife Heather who said he had been feeling under the weather with cold-like symptoms since her 40th birthday party in February.

The couple would have been married for 20 years in September and have three sons Owen (18), Kieran (16) and Finn (7).

Heather, who owns Placebo Hair in Falkirk’s Grahams Road, said: “He was a great dad and husband. He wanted to please everyone and would do anything for you. He took his mum Bessie shopping religiously every Saturday, even when he wasn’t feeling well recently.

“He was a big character who loved having a laugh. I think that’s what everyone will remember him for.”

Heather added: “He doted on his boys and would do anything for them. He loved his football and supported Celtic. He used to take the boys to Celtic games and training.

“I just can’t believe he’s gone so soon. There will never be another one like him and he will never be forgotten.”

Robert, who was known as Moog, was a ‘weel kent’ face in Whitecross, staying there all his life. He was the local milkman for years before working in Sun Microsystems in Linlithgow and Carron Phoenix.

There were two other sudden deaths in the area last week.

Around 9 p.m. on Friday, a 54-year-old woman collapsed close to the taxi rank in Newmarket Street, Falkirk.

Despite attempts by passers-by to give first aid, she was pronounced dead at Forth Valley Royal Hospital.

A police spokeswoman said there was no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.

Bank worker Gary Flood (38) collapsed and died after going to the pub with friends on March 18.

Originally from Dundee, he had been living and working in Falkirk for a number of years. A post mortem into the cause of his death proved inconclusive.