Falkirk ice cream shop reopens following electrical scare
A popular Glen Village ice cream parlour has reopened after an overheated socket caused a minor meltdown earlier today.
Fire crews raced to The Milk Barn just after 1.30pm after receiving a call about smoke coming out of a fuse box.
A Scottish Fire and Service spokeswoman said: “We received a call at 1.34pm about an electrical fault.
“It turned out it was an overheated socket that was the problem so we sent an appliance as a precaution while the owners of the establishment waited for Scottish Power to attend and stood down at 1.52pm.”
Starting school: Parents almost don't recognise child as he comes home from first day at Grangemouth primary
Falkirk crime: Police appeal for help to trace males suspected of relay theft of vehicles in area
Falkirk Council: Historic Kilns House could be sold following consultation
Falkirk Licensing: Star Inn licence holder at hearing over no Old Firm stewards incident
Falkirk licensing: New life for Airth's former Welfare Hall
The Milk Barn has since reopened with a post on its Facebook page thanking customers for their patience and stating the fault has now been fixed.