CABs still providing support across Falkirk district

People are being reassured that the local Citizens Advice Bureaux are still providing support for communities during the Covid-19 crisis.

By Jill Buchanan
Monday, 27th April 2020, 7:30 am
Updated Monday, 27th April 2020, 4:59 pm

The CABs in Falkirk, Grangemouth and Bo’ness and Denny and Dunipace may not be offering face to face advice but they are still dealing with enquiries.

Due to the Government guidelines, face to face advice is not possible at the bureaux or outreach clinics, however residents can seek advice and support through email and telephone directly from their local CAB office.

Providing advice this way, enables people to access valuable support and advice, while keeping the staff, volunteers and community safe.

Sign up to our daily The Falkirk Herald Today newsletter

Citizens Advice Bureaux are still providing support during coronavirus pandemic

The three CABs, who advised the community on over 30,000 issues last year, can provide advice on a wide variety of issues including the new rules and schemes set up due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Other areas of advice include benefits, employment, debt, housing, health, relationship and consumer.

To get support contact your local bureau at:

Denny & Dunipace – Telephone-01324 829160 or 01324 826063 or email [email protected]

Falkirk – telephone 01324 626070 or email [email protected]

Grangemouth & Bo’ness – telephone 01324 666935 or email [email protected]

If anyone has difficulty getting through to their local CAB during this difficult time, the Citizens Advice network has set up a national helpline in response to the coronavirus crisis that people can also access: call 0800 028 1456 for general enquiries.

Other national helplines run through Citizens Advice areavailable to provide support for specific issues:

Help to Claim: For support with new universal credit claim queries – telephone 0800 023 2581 or Web Chat:

Money Talk Team: For support checking benefits entitlement and household costs – telephone 0800 085 7145 or visit

Armed Service Advice Project: Help for current and ex armed service personnel – telephone 0808 800 1007

Energy and Postal Service advice: Citizens Advice Consumer Service(Scotland) – telephone 03454 04 05 06

Patient Advice & Support Service: Help with NHS issues – telephone 0800 917 2127