Dad 'stabbed in neck' in Falkirk flat incident dies

A dad who was reportedly stabbed in the neck in a knife attack in Falkirk has died.

By Jonathon Reilly
Tuesday, 2nd June 2020, 10:40 am
Updated Wednesday, 3rd June 2020, 2:54 pm

Edward Graham, named locally on social media, was rushed to Forth Valley Royal Hospital following an early morning incident at a flat in Hayfield last Thursday.

Known as Eddie, the 28-year-old was released from the Larbert hospital on Sunday, however, he was found dead yesterday in Bainsford. Police say they are treating the death as “unexplained” and a post-mortem will be carried out.

Heartbroken partner Sharleen Graham posted on Facebook to pay tribute to Eddie and wrote: “I am absolutely devastated, I have no words to describe the pain I am going through at the moment.

Sign up to our daily The Falkirk Herald Today newsletter

Eddie Graham was attacked with a knife at a property in Hayfield last Thursday. Picture: Michael Gillen.

“He has two beautiful kids that adored him. He was an amazing dad and always there for them.

“I don’t know how I am going to cope with even telling my kids he’s not here. I can’t live without him, he is the love of my life.”

A Go Fund Me page set up to raise money for a funeral and memorials states the dad-of-two was “loved by many people” and describes him as “a loving son and brother”.

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: "Around 3.10am on Thursday, May 28, officers were called to a report of a disturbance within a property in Hayfield, Falkirk.

“A 28-year-old man was injured during the disturbance and he was taken to Forth Valley Royal Hospital. He left hospital on Sunday, May 31.

"Around 6.45am on Monday, June 1, police were called to an address in Mungalhead Road, Bainsford.

“Police and ambulance attended, however the same 28-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene. Enquiries are being carried out to find out the circumstances surrounding his death and a post mortem will take place in due course to establish the exact cause of his death, however his death is currently being treated as unexplained.

“A full report will be sent to the procurator fiscal."