The incident is said to have happened on Wednesday, August 5 in Gordon Place.
One resident of the street, who did not want to be named, said: “This young woman of 19 nearly died because of heroin. I had my youngest daughter here with me while they wheeled the young woman out the close and now she is frightened to come back and stay here.
“Now there’s a needle in the close and no one is coming to take it away – police have said it’s a biohazard.”
Residents say the overdose and discarded needle are just the most recent examples of the illegal drug misuse in the street.
“Drugs have been a problem in this street for years – you tell the police about it, but they say unless a crime is being committed – like I find someone injecting heroin in my property – then they can’t do anything about it.
“The say they have increased the number of patrols in the street. There are police cars going up and down here 44 times a day and they are not stopping the problem.
“The other day I saw a guy come out of the chemist – he must have had his methadone prescription still in his mouth, he hadn’t swallowed it, because he then spat it into the mouths of folk who were standing outside waiting for him.”
A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “Around 12.55pm on Wednesday, August 5, emergency services were called to Gordon Place, Camelon, following a report a person had taken unwell. A 19-year-old woman was taken to hospital by ambulance.
“If anyone has any concerns about drug-related activity in their community, please report the matter to police on 101, via the Falkirk Community Team, or anonymously through the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”