Falkirk woman threw wine glasses around ex's home and spat at him

A Falkirk woman who drunkenly threw wine glasses around her ex-partner’s home has been placed under supervision.

By Herald Reporter
Tuesday, 20th July 2021, 12:30 pm

Laura Millar, 41 Thornhill Road, also attempted to lunge at the man and spit at him while being restrained by police.

Millar admitted behaving threateningly at a Grangemouth property on April 15 by shouting, swearing and throwing wine glasses, causing them to smash.

She also breached a bail condition on April 24 which banned her from contacting the man or entering a Grangemouth street.

Sign up to our daily The Falkirk Herald Today newsletter

Laura Miller, of Falkirk, threw wine glasses around a Grangemouth home. Picture: Neil Hanna.

The 35-year-old then broke a Falkirk Sheriff Court-imposed bail curfew ordering her to stay at home from 7pm-7am by attending Falkirk Police Station between those hours on April 26.

Outlining the initial offence, procurator fiscal depute Xander Van der Scheer said: “About 12.30pm on April 15, the complainer was within his home and heard someone chap his door.

“When he opened the door it was the accused under the influence of alcohol. She became abusive towards him and was swearing.

Read More

Read More
GMB host Kate Garraway’s search for paddling pool nearly took her 450 miles to F...

“She then entered the kitchen area, picked up a wine glass and threw it across the kitchen, causing it to smash.”The court was told the man contacted police to request assistance. The accused picked up a second glass, again throwing it across the kitchen, causing it to smash.

He continued: “She then picked up a smashed bit of glass. The complainer was then fearful she was going to use that to harm him.

“About 1pm police attended, when the accused still had the glass in her hand. Police directed her to drop the glass but she refused.

“A police officer grabbed hold of the accused and, as they did, the accused lunged in the direction of the complainer, spitting at him. There was no contact due to being restrained by police.

“The accused was then arrested.”

Defence solicitor Simon Hutchison said: “She decided to hand herself in, that’s why she was out the house.

“She seems to have turned her position around and is happy to accept any assistance that will be given to her.”

Millar was made subject to a three-month, 7pm-7am restriction of liberty order.

She will also be supervised for two years and must engage with Change Grow Live and mental health treatment services.

Thank you for reading this article on our free-to-read website. We're more reliant on your support than ever as the shift in consumer habits brought about by coronavirus impacts our advertisers.

Please consider purchasing a subscription to our print newspaper to help fund our trusted, fact-checked journalism.