Attacked man in Falkirk nightclub

Brown attacked his victim in the City nightclub
Brown attacked his victim in the City nightclub

Ellis Brown took bloody revenge on the man he blamed for him and his girlfriend breaking up.

After spotting Connor Hogg in a Falkirk nightclub, the bully went up and punched him to the ground.

The beating saw Mr Hogg taken to hospital for treatment to a gashed ear that needed five stitches and left him with a permanent scar.

At Falkirk Sheriff Court the 32-year-old thug was ordered to pay his victim £400 compensation for the assault in the City Nightclub on May 24 last year.

The court was told the incident in the balcony area of the Princess Street venue, which is a popular spot in the town for late-night revellers, had been caught on CCTV.

After the unprovoked attack, stewards ejected Brown from the premises and the police were called. Officers later traced and detained him.

When he was charged Brown admitted he had been drinking at a “number of premises that night” – but claimed he had “no recollection” of meeting Mr Hogg.

Before the case was due to go to trial however, Brown, from 14 Middlemass Court, Falkirk, pled guilty to assaulting Connor Hogg by punching him on the head, causing him to fall to the ground, then attempting to punch his head and body to his injury and permanent disfigurement and had sentence deferred for background reports.

The court heard that about a month before the attack Brown had been left “upset” by “flirtatious” messages Mr Hogg and sent to the woman.

Defence lawyer Andy Bryson claimed: “Brown says Mr Hogg had done his best to split them up.

“On that night he had told Brown in some graphic detail what he and his ex had been getting up to.

“Brown had had too much to drink and reacted.

“He very much regrets he was unable to keep his temper that night.

“He is well aware what he did was wrong, but he does not have a drink problem. He has a good job and a good wage.”

Sheriff John Mundy told Brown: “While I understand to some extent why you acted this way, there really is no excuse.”

Brown agreed to pay the compensation within two months.