A pharmacy chain with branches in Falkirk is celebrating 200 years in business.
Over the years Lindsay and Gilmour, which has outlets in Grangemouth and Bonnybridge, has dispensed medicines to hundreds of thousands of people including a certain student called Charles Darwin.
The label on an old medicine bottle shows that Charles Darwin was a customer while he was studying medicine in Edinburgh, and the shop also once held the Royal Warrant to supply medicine to King George V when he was in Edinburgh.
Originally called Raimes, Clark & Co when it was established in 1816, Lindsay and Gilmour now has 28 branches across Scotland.
The company held a family fun day recently for its 250 staff, mimicking the staff sports days and picnics the firm ran in the past.
Company chairman Nigel Cumming was on hand to greet them, wearing a Victorian suit that could have been worn by the company’s founders.