Blaze destroys Airth family's Christmas

Share this article

A SINGLE mum's dreams for a festive family gathering were shattered by a nightmare fire.

Sharon Coffield (28) had planned to invite relatives over and cook them Christmas dinner.

But on the night of Wednesday, December 22, a blaze ripped through her home in Linn Place, Airth – completely gutting her living room and burning the Christmas tree and all her daughters' presents.

Sharon said: "It turned our whole world upside down. It's really left us in a big mess and I don't know what to do.

''I had to buy the presents again because they were all destroyed.

"We tried to have a Christmas, but it wasn't what it was meant to be.

''I still can't believe this happened."

The nightmare began for Sharon and daughters Cerys (9) and Sian (7) shortly after 7 p.m. when a candle set fire to some wooden window blinds.

Read The Falkirk Herald for the full story.