Bainsford flat fire started by electrical appliance

A flat was “extensively damaged” after a fire broke out within a bedroom.

By Jonathon Reilly
Monday, 13th April 2020, 10:17 am
Updated Monday, 13th April 2020, 10:18 am

The blaze took hold at a property in Haugh Street, Bainsford last Thursday night.

Emergency services were called to the scene around 7.50pm and an electrical appliance was discovered to be the source of the fire, police have confirmed.

No-one was in the flat at the time, however, the Scottish Ambulance Service provided oxygen to neighbours due to smoke inhalation.

Sign up to our daily The Falkirk Herald Today newsletter

Firefighters attended a blaze at a flat in Haugh Street, Bainsford on Thursday. Picture: John Devlin.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service sent three appliances to contain the blaze, which isn’t being treated as suspicious.

A message from the Editor:

Thank you for reading this story on our website. While I have your attention, I also have an important request to make of you.

In order for us to continue to provide high quality and trusted local news on this free-to-read site, I am asking you to also please purchase a copy of our newspaper.

Our journalists are highly trained and our content is independently regulated by IPSO to some of the most rigorous standards in the world. But being your eyes and ears comes at a price. So we need your support more than ever to buy our newspapers during this crisis.

With the coronavirus lockdown having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers - and consequently the advertising that we receive - we are more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news and information by buying a copy of our newspaper.

Thank you.