Go for A Timeless VINTAGe LooK
If you’re feeling nostalgic, and your most-loved possessions are ones which hark back to childhood, chances are, retro-inspired homewares will appeal.
Adding some decorative accessories modelled on styles from the Fifties, Sixties and Seventies can also add quirky and feminine charm to the home.
“We love bringing back classic items from key moments in time, and then making them right for today’s world,” says Oliver Tress, managing director at Oliver Bonas.
“For the 1958 furniture range, we’ve used the sophisticated silhouette from the original Fifties shape in a gorgeous mix-match chalky colour palette. But we also wanted to make it comfy enough and have used lovely feather wrapped cushions, rather than the very dense pads that were used then.
“The result is a stunning Fifties-inspired design, but with a serious level of comfort.”
Elsewhere, bold floral upholstery is an easy update for rooms, along with soft pastel hues and sorbet shades, characteristic of the bygone era, while second-hand keepsakes bring added interest.
Even a nostalgic kitchen look can be easily achieved, with a retro style cooker.
“Our Classic range offers everything a traditional range cooker should – bevelled doors, arched windows and a traditional towel rail in a choice of seven colours,” says Wai San Hon, assistant brand manager at Rangemaster.
The British company has also launched the Rangemaster in cream and racing green, for a truly vintage look – you’ll want to go in search of some old-fashioned recipe cards.
To savour the moment, check out these timeless pieces:
● Rangemaster Classic Cooker, from 1,525, Rangemaster (www.rangemaster.co.uk)
● Sunflower Mirror, £235, Joanna Wood (www.joannawood.co.uk)
● 1958 Two Seater Sofa, £895, Oliver Bonas (www.oliverbonas.com)
● Art You Grew Up With Basket For Berries Character Edition Framed, £50, House of Fraser (www.houseoffraser.co.uk)
● Linea Vintage Baking Small Yellow Mixing Bowl, £13, House of Fraser (www.houseoffraser.co.uk)
● Ercol Hamble Rocking Chair, £499, Marks & Spencer (www.marksandspencer.com)
● Memory Lane Floral Quilted Cushion, £15, Sainsbury’s (www.sainsburys.co.uk)
● Ditsy Frill Bed Duvet Cover Set, £25 for a double, Sainsbury’s (www.sainsburys.co.uk)
● Stanley Lamp, £68, Cath Kidston (www.cathkidston.com)