David Irons is promising to waste no time in replacing some of the firepower leaving Stenhousemuir.
The Warriors boss says signing three quality strikers is now his number one priority after losing most of last season’s hitmen.
Simon Lynch’s decision to quit football came from nowhere and has not been helped by Scott Dalziel opting for East Fife, while Grant Anderson’s switch to First Division Hamilton Accies is a great reward for a player who this time last year was playing junior football for Kirkintilloch Rob Roy.
“I should have some news on the strikers in the next few days,” said Irons. “I have spoken to a number of players and am now waiting for them to get back to me. We have identified targets but players are still not willing to commit themselves just yet,” he said.
And he says that may not be the end of the Warriors close-season changes. “We would still like to add another couple of squad players after that,” he said. “But that will all depend on budgets. If there is some left over then we will be able to add.
“It may mean financial juggling to get the best players we can with the money made available.”
Ochilview fans will be waiting with some degree of anticipation for news on strikers, especially after the arrival of quality players like Paul McHale and Martyn Corrigan, as Heraldsport revealed two weeks ago.
“I think being able to bring in players like that shows everyone just how ambitious we are,” said Irons. “And the fact that these players are prepared to come to Stenhousemuir demonstrates that we have sold that ambition to them.”
Irons will gather his squad for the first pre-season training session at Ochilview on Tuesday night - just over four weeks since the team avoided the relegation play-off in a 3-0 final day win at Peterhead.