Martyn Corrigan: I’m devastated that we could lose Scott Buist

Stenhousemuir's number four Scott Buist goes for goal against East Fife.
Stenhousemuir's number four Scott Buist goes for goal against East Fife.
0
Have your say

Stenhousemuir defender Scott Buist has been advised by doctors to retire from football after sustaining another serious knee injury.

The 28-year-old struggled with injuries this season but was still rated as one of the Warriors’ best players by manager Martyn Corrigan.

The Stenny boss told Heraldsport that he was “devastated” that Buist could be forced to bring to an end his footballing career.

He said: “I had hoped to build the team around Scott next season. He’s a real 100-per-center, a winner, and a positive guy to have in the dressing room.

“I’ve spoken to Scott and to say that he’s gutted about this latest injury would be an understatement.”

Buist played for Stenhousemuir’s youth teams before signing for Alloa Athletic. He had spells at Stirling Albion and Brechin City before returning to Ochilview in July last year.

Meanwhile, Corrigan has been busy in the transfer market in the past week, and has agreed deals with midfielder - and former Airdrie captain - Sean Lynch and Raith Rovers defender Eddie Malone.

Corrigan added: “They are both players that the club has had its eye on for a while, and we are delighted that they agreed to sign.”

The Warriors first team will return to training on June 15.