Gary Holt says he’s already hard at work scouring the transfer market in a bid to sign a replacement for departed forward Lyle Taylor.
The Bairns boss has made it known that he will be bringing in a new face after losing his star striker to Sheffield United this week.
The English League One side won a three-week bidding war for Taylor, who scored 29 goals for the Bairns last season, after having a £250,000 offer accepted by the Falkirk board on Monday.
The 23-year-old travelled to Sheffield the same day to discuss personal terms.
“He goes with our good grace,” said Holt.
“We are now looking for a replacement. I’m scouring the market, and speaking to managers. We will try the loan market as well.”
One potential signing is former Rangers and Carlisle striker Rory Loy, who played as a trialist in Tuesday night’s friendly against Forfar Athletic.
Other names linked with the Bairns include Portugese under-20 internationalist Alberto Seidi, who is a free agent after being released by Southampton at the end of last season.
Whoever ends up pulling on the Falkirk number nine jersey will need to work hard to match the goalscoring exploits of Taylor, and his predecessor Farid El Alagui.
Securing Taylor’s signature is a coup for Blades boss - and well-known former Falkirk player - Davie Weir. Yorkshire rivals Rotherham United had an earlier bid also accepted by Falkirk, only for the Londoner to reject the terms offered to him.
But it means defeat for Hibernian, the one Scottish club with a serious interest in the player. As revealed by Heraldsport last week, the Edinburgh club submitted no less than four bids for Taylor - but each one was less than Falkirk’s asking price.
Meanwhile, Falkirk will give another try-out to trialist Loy on Saturday against Dunfermline.