Width restriction removed from road

editorial image

From today (Friday) Bo’ness Road is due to once again be a two-way street as the temporary width restriction is to be removed.

The short stretch of road in the vicinity of petrochemical giant Ineos had been narrowed to a one-way system, however, the barriers will be removed and traffic will once again flow freely through the A904.

The work was due to take place last week, however, a council spokesman said: “We weren’t able to promote the traffic road order for the overnight temporary closure in time to meet the local press deadlines.

“The works will take place overnight on Thursday, July 7. The restrictions should be removed by Friday morning.”

Ineos had previously sparked outrage by calling for part of the main route that links Grangemouth with Bo’ness to be closed permanently.

In April, John McNally, chief executive officer of Ineos, claimed it was a safety risk allowing the public to drive the road.

He said: “This is the only major site within Ineos Group with a public highway running through it. It is clearly not best practice and opens up long term concerns on continuing to secure the safety of the public as the site is beginning storing US shale gas.”