Police have been forced to issue yet another safety warning about the dangers of pedestrians on motorways.
Inspector Billy Drummond said: “Just last week we issued a warning about children playing on the motorway in the Falkirk area. Now we have received reports of a person walking on the motorway on Wednesday night.
“We cannot stress how dangerous it is to walk on a motorway and we are thankful that motorists are calling us to let us know.”
Officers were sent to Junction 5 at Cadger’s Brae on the M9 at around 10.15 p.m., but when they arrived the person had disappeared.
Inspector Drummond said: “Motorways carry fast travelling vehicles and are not a place for people to walk or play on. Motorists do not expect to see any pedestrians on a motorway.
“Not only is it putting their own lives at risk but that of other motorway users. We appeal for motorists and passengers to call us immediately on 999 if they see any pedestrians on the motorway.
“This call could save a life.”