Three treated with oxygen after Grangemouth fire

Firefighters spent a large part of the day at the scene
Firefighters spent a large part of the day at the scene
0
Have your say

Firefighters gave oxygen to three people after a chip pan blaze in Grangemouth.

The alarm was raised just before 5 a.m. and crews from Falkirk and Bo’ness attended the incident in a ground floor flat at Strowan Road.

The blaze in the kitchen of the two-storey flat was extinguished before the arrived but firefighters made the area safe and fitted new smoke detectors while on scene.

Two people managed to leave the property on their own but another was helped by crews.

Oxygen therapy was given to all three until the arrival of the ambulance.

An Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman explains: “Chip pans are one of the main causes of kitchen fires that we attend. People are killed or injured every day in accidental fires that start in their kitchen. If you do choose to use a chip pan, make sure you do it safely.

“Every household should have working smoke detectors and test them every week. We provide free home fire safety visits and fit smoke detectors where required. If you know someone who can benefit from our service, why not get them to give us a call?”

To request a home fire safety visit, call the SFRS freephone number: 0800 0731 999, text ‘check’ to 61611, or visit the website at www.firescotland.gov.uk,