Smoke alarm saves Falkirk resident from fire

Firfighters worked to put out the fire in the ground floor flat in Stewart Road
Firfighters worked to put out the fire in the ground floor flat in Stewart Road

A Falkirk resident was saved from a fire in their home thanks to a smoke alarm.

Scottish Fire and Rescue were called to a ground floor flat in Stewart Road at 11.30 p.m. last night after the resident was woken by their smoke alarm.

Two appliances from Falkirk and one from Larbert attended with 15 firefighters working with water jets to put out the flames and make the property safe.

The resident was taken to Forth Valley Royal Hospital by ambulance to be treated for injuries.