DCSIMG

Bainsford residents evacuated after deliberate fire

Police believe the fire at the flats in Bainsford was started deliberately

Police believe the fire at the flats in Bainsford was started deliberately

 

A rubbish fire at a block of flats in Bainsford that forced residents to be evacuated following fears of a gas explosion was started deliberately.

Firefighters from the Larbert station rushed to evacuate the flats in Haugh Street after spotting the flames had damaged an external gas supply to the properties last night.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service say around 25 people had to flee their homes.

A spokesman said: “The crews immediately evacuated approximately 25 people from the flats involved to a safe location. Temporary accommodation at the Dawson Centre, Bainsford was provided until Transco arrived and shut off the gas supply. Firefighters extinguished the fire using a hose reel jet.”

The incident happened at around 6.22 p.m. and residents returned to their properties at 8.30 p.m. There were no injuries reported.

Police are treating the fire as suspicious and have appealed for the public to call 101 with information.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page