Laptop causes Carronshore house fire

Firefighters from Falkirk and Larbert were called out to the house fire in Carronshore yesterday
Firefighters from Falkirk and Larbert were called out to the house fire in Carronshore yesterday
0
Have your say

A house narrowly avoided being gutted by fire after nearby workmen spotted flames emerging from a bedroom and alerted emergency services.

The incident happened at around 12.40 p.m. yesterday in Gairdock Drive, Carronshore. No one was in the property at the time.

Firefighters from Larbert and Falkirk stations extinguished the first floor blaze before it could spread. It was later revealed that the fire had been caused by an overheating laptop computer left charging.

Watch manager Mike Fitches said: “The caused extensive damage to the bedroom and some damage to the first floor. Thankfully, no one was at home at the time of the fire and we were alerted by workmen who were outside another house.

“This incident had the potential to be even more serious and we can’t stress enough how important it is to unplug any chargers before you go out.”