Grangemouth bin blaze sparks warning to residents

Firefighters were on the scene for more than two hours (Pictures: Michael Gillen)
Firefighters were on the scene for more than two hours (Pictures: Michael Gillen)
0
Have your say

Householders were advised to stay indoors as firefighters battled a Grangemouth blaze tonight.

Crews were called to an incident at a builder’s yard in town’s Wood Street just before 7 p.m. where they found a stock of wheelie bins had been set alight.

16-11-2012. Picture Michael Gillen. GRANGEMOUTH. Wood Street. Carronvale Yard. Stock of council wheelie bins on fire. Several CSFR, Central Scotland Fire and Rescue appliances attended.

16-11-2012. Picture Michael Gillen. GRANGEMOUTH. Wood Street. Carronvale Yard. Stock of council wheelie bins on fire. Several CSFR, Central Scotland Fire and Rescue appliances attended.

They warned residents to stay clear of the area as they tried to bring the fire under control and police were in attendance to turn away onlookers.

Firefighters remained on the scene until around 9 p.m.

16-11-2012. Picture Michael Gillen. GRANGEMOUTH. Wood Street. Carronvale Yard. Stock of council wheelie bins on fire. Several CSFR, Central Scotland Fire and Rescue appliances attended.

16-11-2012. Picture Michael Gillen. GRANGEMOUTH. Wood Street. Carronvale Yard. Stock of council wheelie bins on fire. Several CSFR, Central Scotland Fire and Rescue appliances attended.