Judges have made up their minds who should be given the honour of carrying the Commonwealth Games baton through the Falkirk area this summer.
But the names of those finally chosen will be not be revealed until March or April.
Almost 200 local people applied to be part of the Queen’s Relay, which will finish its tour of 70 nations and territories in Scotland, just before the Glasgow event begins in July.
The baton will visit Falkirk on Tuesday, June 24, and it is estimated around 120 people will be invited to carry it through the area.
Earlier this month, a panel of judges met in Callendar House to sift through the names.
The panel of representatives from community and sporting organisations was chaired by Professor Leigh Robinson of Stirling University with Provost Pat Reid vice chair.
He said: “We had 194 applications. We gave applicants a score on a points system and ended up recommending between 120 and 130 people.
“It may be more or less than that, and there may be people from other areas carrying the baton in Falkirk. But the recommendations have been sent to Glasgow, and we can’t say any more because of a confidentiality agreement.”
Similar to the Olympic Torch Relay, the Queen’s Baton Relay is the official curtain-raiser for the Commonwealth Games.
Currently in Botswana, the baton has still to travel through the Caribbean, Canada, Malta, the Channel Islands, England and Wales before arriving in Scotland.
A spokeswoman for Glasgow 2014 said the names of the batonbearers would be announced in March or April.